Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Beauty of Lebanon ...

... and the trash we have to watch on TV ...

What am I talking about? Well, here's a sample:

Press conference ... shouting between politicians ... Lahoud says "Stop acting this show [masrahiyeh] in public, in front of all the reporters" ... Fatfat replies "Adel Imam is the one who acts, not us" (in reference to the resemblance of Lahoud to the famed Egyptian actor) ... Lahoud, the witty being he is, shouts "I will break you into pieces [fatfitak] ya Fatfat" ...

... it continued a bit more after that ...

3 Comments:

  • (un)wise [statements] indeed, food for thought.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 AM  

  • I enjoyed this so much; although I don't support either, I loved Lahoud's reply!

    By Blogger lifeflaw, at 9:48 AM  

  • "I will break you into pieces [fatfitak] ya Fatfat" ...

    I spent a while thinking how would a translator render that word play. i gave up soon :)

    By Blogger Eve, at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home