Saturday, December 03, 2005

Conversation with the "Enemy"

So, later on tonight, at a friend's house, I randomly met an Israeli whose name is Khiam (something of the sort, which apparently means "life"). Our conversation went something like this (adding the different accents would be great, but its sort of hard in the written language):

Lazarus: So, where are you from?
Khiam: Israel.
L: Oh.
K: You?
L: Lebanon.
K: Oh. Where in Lebanon?
L: The south.
K: Where in the south?
L: Sur. Above the occupation.
K: You know, when I watched the news, I saw ... you really suffered.
L: Yes, we did. But we're on the other side of the world now. We don't have to discuss politics.
K: I don't want to discuss politics. I just want to apologize for somethings we did. You know, we can be friends, but the people who cause trouble are the ones who want power.

Tell me, what do you say to that?

2 Comments:

  • haha, I say it's illegal to be having conversations with the "enemy."

    just kidding.

    By Blogger Abu Kais, at 9:07 AM  

  • Good one! I like the guy, but this is where we remember that Israelis live in a "democracy" and, unlike us, can stand out and work against the war openly.

    If a Syrian guy says he’s sorry, I’ll believe him, but I cannot blame him for anything his criminal regime in Lebanon did. When an Israeli says he’s sorry, I believe him and respect that, but it makes sense to ask him what he’s done about it.

    By Blogger Hassan, at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home