Friday, December 02, 2005

Journalism

I've had half a post about the responsibilities of journalism lying around for around a month, and was never in the mood to complete it. I've complained twice (here and here) on this blog about shameful reporting, but there were many other incidents that have seen my complaints kept in more private circles. Kais now has discussed another more recent (and much more shameful) article in Naharnet. This incident is blatantly obvious, but there are others, by more "respectable" writers, that are much more subtle. Hassan discussed one of these incidents here. I've decided against finishing that post for now. I will end this today with a few quotes ...

Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves. (Nietzsche)

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. (George Bernard Shaw)

While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. (Stephen Covey)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home