Friday, September 23, 2005

Pictures from Boston

This pic is of a monument dedicated to the first African American voluntary regiment - I forget the exact details - and is on the Freedom Trail, which I did not take, because I don't enjoy these touristy things. (I prefer walking the city, which I did, and for which my feet are now punishing me.)



Can you see the shoes and the cap below? Most of these statues now have this - it's part of the Boston Walking Campaign.



The MIT architecture building ... inside is the so called Infinite Corridor, which is anything but infinite.



A new MIT building. No, don't ask me why it's like this. And don't ask why something like this costs 500 million dollars!



And, a typical picture of the Charles River ...



Here's an anecdote about the Harvard Bridge. Supposedly, it was to be called the MIT bridge, but after conducting a study on its structure, MIT decided that it was a poor engineering design, and did not want it named after them ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home