Sunday, September 18, 2005

Street Spirit

is one of the few songs that I can put on repeat. One the way back home tonight, I must have listened to it over 5 times. Some of the other songs that come to mind NOW (i.e., this isn't a comprehensive list, and they might not even be my favorite songs) are: I Grieve (on the city of angels soundtrack - peter gabriel), Exit (U2, on the Joshua Tree album), Mr. Jones (a classic by Counting crows), War (Bob Marley, which I've only recently started listening too), one of the songs by The Shins (I forget the name, but its on the Garden State soundtrack), Moonlight Sonata (one of my favorite - but not the favorite - piece by Beethoven), Sunday Bloody Sunday (U2), My Immortal (Evanescence), and a two songs by Muse - but the titles have slipped my mind now ...

2 Comments:

  • I wish I knew how many times I have listened to the moonlight sonata in a row, LISTENED, not just had it playing in the background. Such an inspiring piece of musical genius. And the shins' songs are also personal favorites. Actually, the whole GS soundtrack is wonderful.

    By Blogger Fouad, at 8:11 AM  

  • YES. The first time I I actually listened to it I was mesmerized, and it still has that effect.

    I have always found it to be a sad piece, although some of my friends have disagreed.

    And I think one of the best things about GS was the soundtrack, although I really enjoyed to actual movie as well.

    By Blogger Lazarus, at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home