Wednesday, November 09, 2005

'I'll Burn Damascus to Ashes then Commit Suicide'

Apparently, those are Assef Shawkat's words, as well as:

I used to be one of the most powerful men in Beirut. It's impossible for me to be questioned by Mehlis or any Lebanese Judge. Me and Maher are ready to face anyone who dares to touch us.

You can read the article here.

I have not made a comprehensive search in other news sources to see how substantiated those claims are - when I find out that they are baseless or true, I'll update this post.

However, it does seem as if there is some inkling of truth - especially when seen in light of recent developments.

On a different note - May the souls of those who were brutally and pointlessly killed in Jordan today rest in peace.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home