Monday, November 28, 2005

...---...

I rolled by on my bike, and it lay on the road, sodden with the tears of its hapless fate, which had erred by turning the squirrel right into death instead of left into life. The driver probably cursed his luck, and moved on. Blood had been sprayed slightly, yet I didn't even stop to wish it peace.

I'm staring out the window, yellow leaves trampled on the sidewalk, soiled by yesterday's rain. Something hollow here is growing again, an open cave I rediscover once a year. This year, partly because my family is on the other side of the world. Phone calls are just not enough. Home is not a fluid concept, and I've spent part of the weekend in my hollow room, letting music exorcise my demons.

I had an interview today, 8 hours long. I've been thinking of changing lanes, and if I get this job, I will. I think I will. We'll see.

It's strange. This year has been a good year. Only typical regrets. Some serious doubts. Some caused by memories I want to forget. I've forgotten how to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home