Monday, October 03, 2005

The Trip to NYC

So ... the trip to Boston and New York were great, especially after a summer (and a year) of work. Although I imagine that Boston would be a much nicer place to live (if not for its winter, of course), New York is the place to be. It never sleeps, and on the morning of my flight back to California, neither did I (well, I did - for an hour anyway). Besides seeing all the typical sites, and literally walking all over Manhattan - Central Park down to the South Ferry - I also "saw" the nights there, which have a completely different dynamic than the ones in the Bay Area (whose clubs/bars stop serving drinks after two am). New York welcomed me with the typical cliches that you see in movies - the first metro I walk into stood a kid trying to peddle metro tickets (after breaking the ticket machines, of course), and at the station I get out of in Columbus Circle I saw two groups of disillusioned kids shouting at each other ... oh, and I saw Rene Zellwegger - but no pictures of her.

Anyways, here are some pictures from there - none with me or my friends of course (the privilege/curse of being anonymous - although there are a few who actually do know who I am ... ).



No view from the top of the Empire State - I just don't have the patience to wait for an hour.

This guy is actually from Zahle!



Times Square



View from the ferry.




Recognize this? It was in something called "Pick my up Cafe". I know - a completely random picture unrelated to NYC.

1 Comments:

  • I LOVE NY!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home