Sunday, October 09, 2005

20,000

I don't know what to say. Yesterday, the numbers had reached 2,000 - and although officials had expected the death toll due to the earthquake in Asia to increase, an increase of tenfold (and still expected to rise) is ... depressing, to say the least. What a year is has been - starting with the tsunami on December 26, 2004 - to this.


Death, always cruel, Pity's foe in chief,
Mother who brought forth grief,
Merciless judgment and without appeal!

- Dante


May the families of those that were killed never have to feel this pain again.

Update: The Toll has reached 30,000.

1 Comments:

  • Now they're saying it's 30,000. I can't imagine how dreadful that might have been. A 6.whatever earthquake that I felt back in 1994 was hell to say the least, I can only imagine how nightmarish a 7.6 one would be. Makes me shiver.

    By Blogger La La, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home