Wednesday, November 16, 2005

IBDAA

To Create Something Out of Nothing

I just finished watching Ibdaa perform. It is a "grassroots organization providing social, educational and cultural programs for the children ... in Palestine".

It was inspiring.

I've posted quite a bit over the past several days, but this is a must. Here they were, barely teenagers, out to show the world that Palestinian children can do more than just "throw stones". They had their cause, and they wanted the world to understand it.

We need more of this, regardless of the cause they sponsor. I have posted several pictures below. I will not post for the next few days, in order to leave these pictures as an attestation of the power the social aspects of life can bring, in a time when we are being drowned in political nuances. They are a sign of hope, a growing olive branch that brought smiles and tears to the audience. They are what I wish this life was about, and for now, I am satisfied with the acknowledgement that there are some people out there, who are willing to wade past their constraints, and "to create something out of nothing."











4 Comments:

  • Beautiful pictures Ili3azar. And beautiful post.

    By Blogger Fouad, at 5:06 AM  

  • I was doing this when I was 5!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

  • Thanks Fouad. I think you would have enjoyed the whole show.

    May, I guess she did. They've been here for around 3 weeks, and still have a couple of stops in California.

    By Blogger Lazarus, at 6:07 PM  

  • Very nice.

    By Blogger Delirious, at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home