Monday, September 05, 2005

La Mémoire ...

Yesterday's memory floats
and brushes past me,
coating the horizon ahead
with the golden tint
of the blurring mist
as the sun begins once more
to set itself into a
rhythmic sleep.

I watch it floating and fading,
melting as it soaks the rain,
tracing its journeys
and marking the years
and days that it had been.
There was a sparkle of light -
I blinked at its effortless death.
Nostalgia, doused with a touch of pain.

There were whispers in the crowd,
fingers pointing and mouths chanting,
breathing the air it had swum in,
removing what had been left behind.
It was only a faint faint light that remained,
Not seen by any, only seen by me.
I shiver as sorrowful waves curl around me.
I know, I know it will all be different now.

2 Comments:

  • I read it forgetting it was divided in verses, I joined the whole thing together, just like poetic prose, and I thought it was even more beautiful.

    By Blogger Fouad, at 7:04 PM  

  • Thank you.

    By Blogger Lazarus, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home