Sunday, September 04, 2005

Rahbani's Lubnani Sameem

Everytime I have an arguement with someone who just gets fixatated on one idea, I'm reminded of this.

As a brief introduction: Lubnani Sameem = Genuine/True/Pure Lebanese.

A: Don't argue and don't tell me, I'm Lubnani Sameem.

B: I'm not telling you anything, all I'm talking about is that the current situation in Lebanon is connected to the whole Middle East, and the Palestinian problem, specifically, is being dealt with here.

A: My friend, I'm Lubnani Sameem.

B: Ok, but today, the main issue is to find a peaceful solution, and there's an issue of some influence on the Palestinians from accepting the solution, and from accepting compromises that aren't for its benefit.

A: Ya Khayie, I'm Lubnani Sameem.

B: Ok, no problem. I'm going to get some bread.

A: I'm Lubnani Sameem.

B: Great, great. Do you need anything?

A: Look, I told you that I'm Lubnani Sameem.

B: Listen, you have to take care, because yesterday I saw your wife going out with someone else.

A: I'm Lubnani Sameem. I don't understand anything else.

B: I know you don't understand. But the Syrian Army has occupied Baalbak.

A: I'm Lubani Sameem. It has nothing to do with me.

B: Fine, so what's your shoe size?

A: Look, I'm Lubani Sameem.

B: Ok, anyway, see you.

A: Where are you going?

B: I have to go.

A: Where to?

B: I just need to go, I just feel that there is no way we can understand each other.

A: Why? We can agree each other, why wouldn't we?

B: Sure why not, but give and take, don't tell me that you're Lubnani Sameem everytime we discuss something.

A: Why? I'm Lubnani Sameem.

B: Am I telling you that you aren't Lubnani Sameem? All I'm asking is that you stop saying it!

A: I want to. This is something I am not embarrased of. I'm Lubnani Sameem.

B: Ok, look, what would you think if I told you that I am also Lubnani Sameem.

A: Ok, and I'm Lubnani Sameem.

B: I get it I get it, my friend. You're a Lubnani Sameem, and I'm a Lubnani Sameem. We're now two. But we have to do something. We have to do something for Lebanon.

A: All these things don't concern me. I'm Lubnani Sameem, and that's it.

B: You have nothing to do with Lebanon? How can that be? You have to do something for Lebanon!

A: I don't care about you or about Lebanon. I'm Lubnani Sameem, and I don't care about the rest of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home