Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Fable of Home

He knocked lightly on the door and asked "You called for me, father?"

"Yes. Come in. I have some things to tell you. You are a grown man now. You have spent many years helping me in my work, and now it is time to fulfill your destiny. Past this sea are lands filled with glory and wealth and success and happiness. You must go and seek them."

The son travels on sea and on land, stops at every town he can, lives in every city he hears off. He finds glory in his work. He finds success. His wealth soon knows no bounds.

Years later, he has not heard of this happiness that his father spoke to him about, so he keeps searching. He parted the seas and tore the clouds, until finally he came upon a familiar route. As he approached the first door he could see, he recognized the patio, dusty as it was. He knock, and an old woman opens the door. She looks, pauses, and then shouts "My son. My son is back." and he finally comprehends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home